JKO SUNGLASSES BLACK
35 years of making Quality
Great American Eyewear is the newest division of a 35-year-old company – The Great American Doll Company. We come from a very long tradition of creating only the highest quality, upscale limited edition life-like collectible dolls – anywhere in the world. You may have seen some of our dolls in private collections, where they've been held in high esteem for decades as "collectible quality art" in the homes of the rich and famous, including those of several American presidents, many Hollywood celebrities, and a myriad of foreign heads of state and other dignitaries.
Even now, many of our famous dolls, produced twenty and thirty years ago can still be found being re-sold at a premium under our brand name or the acronym "GADCO." Their longevity as collectible art was made possible through our focus on only sourcing the best quality components from superior suppliers. This effort to keep quality at the core of our doll production is what has allowed our dolls to pass the test of time, to endure the years with very little, if any, effects of age that beset our competitors.
It was this mindset for quality, these special attributes of using only the best components, that made The Great American Doll Company famous, great. The company achieved the highest reputation in the industry for creating and manufacturing the best-selling high-end dolls in history. That’s a well-established fact!
Creation of a New Jackie Kennedy Style
With building GADCO in our background, we sought to create our newest division, Great American Eyewear, starting with the specific goal of producing something better than anything purporting to be "Jackie O" sunglasses and frames presently on the market.
Today, we are pleased to say that in that endeavor, we have indeed succeeded; Up until now, Great American Eyewear designs are by far superior in quality and design to any other models from any other company. We can say this because we have invented a modernized design – frames reduced in weight and bulkiness; the "pointy" ends of the other models eliminated, and we generally gave birth to a new concept in new, modernized, classic Jackie eyewear.
In addition to innovative designs and enhanced engineering, we stuck with tradition in using only the finest grade "Mazzucchelli" Italian acetate for the frames, the best stainless steel German and Swiss hardware for the hinges, and added something quite unique: an actual piece, a rare and precious fragment, of one of Jackie’s personal garments, a wool swing coat of hers that we purchased at the 1998 Guernsey’s auction of Kennedy artifacts in New York.
To attach a fragment of Jackie’s coat her sunglasses, we invented a special holder which is now patented. The coat fragment is held in a small, hand-cut round white sapphire cabochon with an 18K solid gold bezel jewelry setting. This special jeweled setting/holder is now permanently attached to the outside right temple of Jackie’s sunglasses.
Rare Limited Edition Production
One of the keystones of our successes as a doll company, in addition to creating luxurious, high quality dolls, was to frequently produce very small hand-made editions of selected models. This had the desired effect of limiting the number of a particular model released in the marketplace, making it rare as well as helping to retain and enhance its future resale value as a collectible and as unequaled art for our customers. Secondly, each doll in every edition would be assigned its own individual sequential numbering -- a serial number identifying it as such, just like limited edition art is numbered. In addition to acting as an added barrier to counterfeiters, and as a value enhancer, serial numbering makes each doll a unique production, a "one-of-a-kind" – no other dolls in the edition would ever have the same exact number.
Another important part of making art is issuing a "Certificate of Authenticity and Ownership;" this certifies the provenance, the name of the doll, and has a place for the new collector's name to be added, the date, its unique serial number, hand-stamped company seal, with each certificate actually hand-signed by an officer of the company – all of which are included with each doll produced.
We have followed our same tradition from our doll-making experiences, transferred all of these same value enhancing steps, in creating our new line of high-end eyewear by limiting Great American's first eyewear production of Black Jackie sunglasses to only 280 pairs worldwide.
Practically all the upscale attributes of our high-end collectible dolls have been transferred to Jackie’s sunglasses. For example: The design is an enhanced style, embracing one of Jackie’s favorite “wide-eyed” designs, making sure that the construction is of the best quality possible, and that these have been limited to a small production so as to increase value and rarity. Like a the limited editions of production art created by master artists, so to Jackie’s Great American sunglasses are produced in a limited quantity, each pair individually serial-numbered. Complete documentation of the provenance of the fragment of her personal coat is included in an official Certificate of Authenticity and Ownership. And of course, each pair comes with a "guarantee of satisfaction," no-nonsense assurance from us that you must be 100% happy with your acquisition.
An Heirloom in the Making
We learned early on that in business, it is never the amount of profit a company makes, but the level of customer satisfaction that determines your success. This was a bedrock principle we followed diligently, to ALWAYS ensure that our customers come first.
This created a special trust and loyalty within our base with customers who supported our efforts – even during decades of vicious attacks from our much larger (non-quality-minded and envious) toy and doll competitor companies, who were forever fearful of The Great American Doll Company – companies afraid of our potential to disrupt their businesses on many levels . . . if we would have been allowed to bring our philosophy of "customer first" into their industries.
This is what we are offering – an opportunity to participate in the acquisition of a very limited edition release of one of 280 pairs worldwide.
Summary of Exclusive Features
- American-Made Polarized Lenses: Handmade Nu-Polar brand polarized lenses manufactured by the largest American (independently owned) laboratory, Younger Optics
- Hand-Tinted Color: Grey, embellished by a special hand-dipping process– for a slightly darker tint
- Highest Grade Italian Acetate: Frames are constructed entirely of the finest quality "Mazzucchelli" Italian acetate, assuring you of extended wear and long-lasting performance as good or exceeding what you will find in the most expensive sunglasses anywhere
- Meticulously Hand-Finished: Hand and machine polished to a fine degree, assuring you of one of the most luxurious glossy finishes available
- Master Crafted in Greece: Designed in Italy and made in Greece by fifth generation master-craftsmen
- Patented Jeweled Setting: A water-clear "white" sapphire, set in a solid 18K gold bezel holder identifies your sunglasses as being a pair of genuine Great American sunglasses
- Rare Personal Memorabilia: Within the special bejeweled holder resides an authenticated fragment of Jackie’s personal coat
- The Personal Touch: There is that added personal quality described by wearers as, "That powerfully unique feeling," a very real sense of being in direct touch with Jackie Kennedy herself
- A $795 Value, only $395: According to major retail optical shops, Great American's exclusive Jackie sunglasses are comparable in value to other luxury brands selling in their stores for $795 and up – making this a truly great value at just $395
- A Rare Collectible: Great American Eyewear has created this model as a limited edition high quality collectible
- Serial Numbered: Unique individualized sequential serial number engraved in gold on inside left temple. (Example: #10/280, etc.)
- Certificate of Authenticity: Each pair comes with its own individually hand-signed and hand-numbered "Certificate of Authenticity," suitable for display, verifying the provenance of Jackie’s personal coat fragment
- UVA/UVB 400: Providing the highest UV protection available
- Comfortable: Engineered to provide the smoothest fit for maximum comfort, creating that great "it's so comfortable" feeling and a stunning look
Temple Length: 145mm
Lens Width: 57mm
Bridge Width: 18mm
Frame Height: 57mm
Frame Width: 145.2mm